Processed Food Blows Challenge Results! November 25 2012
Have a friend or family member who you’d like to introduce to CrossFit? Bring them to the free class and intro session tomorrow night at 7pm. Email Stefanie for details or to reserve a spot.
Athlete builds to a heavy single for the day over the course of five reps. Then backs the weight down to 70% of heaviest single. Begin building through 4 sets of 3 at 70%. Back weight down to 50% of heaviest single for last 2 sets of 5.
Processed Food Blows Challenge Results!
TEAM: BATTLE CARB & LACTICA
In the team category, the trio of Alyssa, Blaine, and Brad took first place in the 12-team competition that began 6 weeks ago. CONGRATULATIONS to our overall winning team. They are each taking home a free month of membership, a $100 giftcard to Whole Foods, and a $50 giftcard to lululemon!
2nd place: Nitrate Ninjas (Jen, Linsday, Amy)
3rd place: Crack of Dawn (Dre, Karen, Janet)
INDIVIDUAL: BRAD ROGERS
Brad Rogers took first place overall amongst all the individuals in the challenge. Brad’s numbers were impressive. Ask him about his experience next time you see him at the shop. Cami and Dre are taking home a $50 giftcard to lululemon.
2nd place: Cami
3rd place: Dre
PICTURES AND PRIZES: Before and after pictures as well as prizes can be picked up at the shop beginning today.
IN THE NUMBERS:
1. 144.7 – combined pounds of fat lost in the six weeks by the 36 individuals in the challenge
2. 18 – number of individuals who were below 20% body fat by the end of the challenge
3. 20.7 – average bodyfat percentage of all participants before the challenge
4. 18.75 – average bodyfat percentage of all participants after the challenge
In the numbers, Battle Carb & Lactica:
- combined, the team lost SEVEN inches from their waists
- of the measurements taken before and after (2 for men, 3 for women) the team lost TEN inches
- the team lost 26.4 pounds of body fat over the 6 weeks
- they dropped 9% bodyfat!
Congratulations to everyone who participated! What part of the challenge stood out most to you? Post to comments.