Now Taking Submissions for the 2013 Roots Fundraising Effort
Every year at the holiday party, the Roots community of athletes votes to see which charity Roots will support with a fundraising effort and event at the shop that coming year. In 2011 we supported Fight Gone Bad and in 2012 we supported Barbells for Boobs. In each case we raised over $7,000 in support of these two great causes!
Today and tomorrow we’re taking nominations and submissions for our 2013 efforts. Then, on Saturday evening, there will be a voting station set-up at the shop where members can vote for 2013.
Please submit any charities or organizations you would like to be included in the voting – this includes local and worldwide organizations. There is no organization too big or too small. Please include local charities and organizations that you support to be entered in the voting process.
Post your submission to comments. We’ll keep a running list to post on Friday.
- Monday, December 24th (Christmas Eve) – all afternoon classes cancelled (last class is at 12:30pm)
- Tuesday, December 25th (Christmas) – shop closed.
- Wednesday, December 26th through Sunday, December 30th – regular shop hours
- Monday, December 31st (New Year’s Eve) – extended holiday schedule (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
- Tuesday, January 1st – New Year’s Day – Open Shop 12-2