No classes today.
Happy holidays and we’ll see you back in action tomorrow morning beginning at 5:30am.
Did Santa bring you something CrossFit-related? Post to comments.
Almost Paleo Apple Crisp
Looking for a better dessert option for your holiday celebration? Stefanie and I crafted this apple crisp recipe on Thanksgiving. After 3 failed attempts at a tasty crisp topping, we settled on a mostly Paleo top.
– 6-8 peeled, cored, and sliced apples
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– 8-16 dates, pits removed
– coconut flakes (large flakes work better)
– 1 cup pecans
– 1/4 cup gluten free flour (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking dish with butter.
2. Toss peeled and cored apple in juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 tsp cinnamon
3. Take our your Cuisinart
4. Puree dates with 1/2 stick of melted butter until you get a nice jam consistency
5. Add 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, and 1 tsp salt and puree for a little longer
6. Add 1 cup pecans and pulse to chop (leave pecan pieces on the chunkier side here, there will be more pulsing)
7. Add 1/4 cup gluten free flour (optional) and 1 cup shredded coconut. Pulse 5-10 times to get blended.
8. Add 1 stick of softened (but still somewhat stiff) butter cut into 1 tbls pieces
9. Pulse the mixture together until it is somewhat crumbly. Be sure not to puree so much that if becomes like cookie dough batter and completely mixed together.
10. Spread topping over apples in a baking dish
11. Bake covered with foil at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook or broil to crisp the top.