Shop Happenings. January 28 2013
30 handstand pushups
50 kb swings (1.5/1)
It’s hard to believe that it is almost February! There is a lot going on in the next few weeks. Take note below and look for the newsletter coming out this week for all the details, but here is a preview.
Tonight: The Caveman Cafe will be at Roots today from 5-7 PM serving up paleo samples and selling dinners to go. For more info, checkout the Facebook event link here.
Valentine’s Day Couples WOD–Feb 14th at 6 PM: It’s back for another year. This is one of the funnest events of the year. Look for details in the newsletter and mark your calendar.
CrossFit Open Registration– starts January 30th: See yesterday’s post for more information.
And last, but not least, some bittersweet news. Mike “Odie” Oetken – the friendly face at the Roots front desk, is off to the Air Force in March. While we wish him the best on his next big adventure, we’re in search of his replacement. Are you, or someone you know, a good candidate for this position? Please see the qualifications below and email the completed application and additional qualifications to email@example.com. Make the subject title of the email read: Operations Assistant – “your name”.
The Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the daily operations at Roots from facilities maintenance to athlete support. The right person for this job will love CrossFit and have a passion for working in this environment.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in upkeep of facilities including equipment, overall cleanliness, restrooms, shop floor and front desk.
- Accurately record sales transactions
- Run and analyze reports in client management system
- Answer general inquiry emails as well as questions and requests from athletes
- Process and package retail pre-orders
- Ensure that retail area stays stocked and organized
- Periodic maintenance projects – assembling equipment, turf cleaning, equipment cleaning
- Oversee Open Shop hours
- Take the initiative to do what needs to be done in the moment to provide a positive athlete experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to take instruction and complete tasks as described. Detail oriented. Must possess great written and verbal communication skills and be a self-starter. General computer skills required including experience using Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and Apple iWork. Experience with Mind Body is a plus.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
This is a part time position, 10-20 hours per week. Compensation based on experience.