Instructions for Thursday – READ THIS POST. March 3 2013
Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
10 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
10 Box jumps, 24 inch box
10 Ring dips
Instructions for Thursday – READ THIS POST.
Wednesday marks the start of the 2013 CrossFit Open with the LIVE workout announcement from CrossFit Vitality in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Roots will do the workout as part of its annual CrossFit Open Thursday Night Throw Downs. If you signed up for The Open (114 of you did! – and it’s not too late!) please read through this post so you know exactly how it will work each week.
One Week Prior (Thursday)
- Sign-up on MBO for a CrossFit Open heat the following week between 4 and 7pm. You must do the workout at the time you signed up for. Read below for details on warm-up.
Wednesdays Prior to the Throw Down
- The workout will be announced LIVE via the CrossFit Games website at 6:00PM MST (on the THIRD week it will be announced LIVE from CrossFit Roots!)
- Roots will post the workout, movement standards, and any other workout-specific details to the website on Wednesday at 8pm
Thursday Evenings (The Throw Downs)
- Doors will open at 4pm on Thursday for warm-up
- Upon arrival, athletes will visit the check-in table to confirm their spot in their heat.
- A suggested warm-up will be posted on the whiteboard. It is the responsibility of the athlete to be warmed up PRIOR to their heat start time. Heat start times are NOT like the start of a group class. That is the time when you will DO the workout.
- There will be a designated warm-up area with 1-2 coaches at all times. Ask the coaches for guidance and direction if you’re not sure what to do after reading the whiteboard.
- Workout in your heat and collect your score from your judge.
- Stay, cheer, hangout, and BYOPA to celebrate the evening and your hard work. Bring you family, your spouse, your friend to watch the heats – share the fun and excitement!
Thursday Evening through Sunday at 4pm
- SUBMIT your score on the CrossFit Games website in your athlete account
- It is YOUR responsibility (and requirement) to submit your score for validation prior to Sunday at 4pm
- Not to scare you, but failure to submit your score for validation prior to this will result in you being eliminated from the competition and ALL of your past scores being deleted
Need clarification on any piece of this? Please post to comments!