Here comes 17.5!
We know some of you may be saddened that The Open is coming to a close – but fear not – we’re going out in STYLE!
This week we feature a stacked line-up of sponsors, musical entertainment, food, and drinks that are sure to make your 17.5 finale one for the books.
Stronger, Faster, Healthier will be on-site sampling tasty recovery shakes and throwing in some serious prize packs for the raffle. Rhone is raffling off two classy and manly men’s gear prize packages and The Real Food Dieticians and Primal Kitchen are raffling off a gift basket sure to launch your better eating goals into action!
Our local Boulder friends at PACT have donated a few gift cards to add to the raffle mix, and what better way to round out health inside and outside than with a sweet his and hers Beauty Counter package? That’s right – this is the raffle not to miss!
And, finally, what better way to say, “Cheers to The Open” than by sipping a delicious tequila drink from our good friends at Suerte while listening to LIVE entertainment brought to your by the TrashPandas.
That’s right – protein shakes, men’s gear, health-minded food, socks, and tequila – all under one roof.
Order Your Dinner From Fresh Thymes!
Just out the back door at Roots lives a great little eatery boosting ingredient-conscious takeout food – Fresh Thymes Eatery! We are excited to partner with Fresh Thymes for the first time in The Open. Click below
View the menu and order your dinner HERE.
Week 5 Warm-up Coach – Eric
Each week the warm-up area is stocked with a Roots coach who is affectionately called – The Warm-up Coach! As you all know we will be running WODs in heats through the night which means you’ll be responsible for warming yourself up but have no fear, a Warmup Coach will be near!
In addition to the coaches that are present and floating around to help you with the Open, each week there is a designated Warmup Coach (WC) in the warmup area. The WC will change each week we’ll introduce them here, in the weekly guide.
The WC is there to answer any questions you have regarding how to warmup (a specific warmup will be written on the whiteboard), discuss movement standards, chat about “to scale or not to scale”, how to approach the workout, give you a pep talk, and all that good stuff. They will also gather you and the rest of your heat minutes before it is time for your heat.
Step by Step Guide to Week 5
1. Order your dinner! (HERE.)
2. Watch the LIVE Announcement on Thursday night at 6pm to learn the workout. Go here to watch or come by the shop, we’ll have it on!
3. Tune into Facebook LIVE at 7pm to hear the coaches breakdown the workout, talk about how we’ll run it in heats, and answer any questions you have. Simply visit our Facebook page and click to view the live presentation.
4. Sign-up on MBO for a heat time for Friday night. Heat times will be posted by 8pm in MBO on Thursday evenings. If you can’t make Friday night, be sure to sign-up for a regular group class.
5. Show up on Friday. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before your heat begins so you have plenty of time to change clothes, check-in with the WC, and get ready.
6. Do the workout!
7. Drink Suerte, eat Fresh Thymes, BYOB, and win great prizes!
Questions about any of this? Post to comments.