Welcome to the #800gChallenge! We are partnering with OptimizeMe Nutrition for a 4-week nutrition challenge to start 2018 off right. Read below for all the details and mark your calendar for the in-house Chalk Talk on Wednesday, January 24th at 5pm.
Eat 800 grams (g) of fruits and vegetables a day. No foods are off-limits, but you only count your fruits and vegetables towards challenge points. Raw, cooked, canned, frozen; doesn’t matter! If you can weigh it as a standalone and unprocessed fruit or vegetable, you can count it. What counts and does not count? The nitty-gritty rule specifics can be found here.
You can eat the fruits and vegetables you like while adhering to other nutritional targets. Your choices can be higher carb, lower carb, all fruit, perfect Paleo: it’s up to you.
So why 800g? It’s associated with increased health and is a simplified way to hit those recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. Read more here.
Jan 29 – Feb 25
Wednesday, January 24th at 5pm. Learn about the challenge. Get your questions answered. Sample food from Boulder Kitchen Collective – our partner for Challenge-approved food delivery throughout the challenge!
- 2 points are awarded for eating 800 grams of fruits and/or vegetables in a day. You do not get extra points for any amount over 800g.
- 1 additional point is awarded for “diversity”: when 6 or more fruits and/or vegetables are used to hit your daily 800g total (where each of these 6+ items has to have a minimum of 25g). Hitting 800g is a day is a prerequisite to being eligible for this point.
- 1 point is also awarded for working out at CrossFit Roots (max 5 points per week). A run on your own or workout in your home gym does. not. count.
We will award one month of free membership to the person with the highest point total at the end of the 4 weeks. We’ll also have a few runner-up prizes.
- $45 per person
- You must sign up by midnight on Thursday, Jan 25. No sign-ups can occur after that date. None.
- Further instructions for score logging will be emailed on Friday, January 26.
- CrossFit Roots members’ spouses, significant others or roommates can play along, too (must be 18 years old). Get the whole house onboard to stay motivated throughout the challenge.
- The same rules apply, except no workout points are awarded and there is no prize in the unaffiliated group.
Comment below and mark your calendars! OptimizeMe Nutrition will host a Chalk Talk on Wednesday, January 24 at 5 PM to explain the challenge and answer any questions. Boulder Kitchen Collective will be on-site to sample their delicious meals and tell you about our partnership through the challenge!