Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
400 meter run
A true competitor and sportsman, Dizon goes to work at the Colorado Open.
Meet a Root: Chris Dizon
1. Months CrossFitting?
2. Favorite WOD or lift (pick one)?
I dont have a favorite WOD but I do like the ones that combine running and moving a weighted bar. Of course I have yet to do “Nancy” so I may regret my words. As for my favorite lift, the snatch is currently at the top. To move weight up and over your head in such a quick motion is so frick’n cool!
3. Least favorite WOD or lift (pick one)?
Any thing with rowing….. uggggg! No matter how hard or fast I am pulling, I don’t seem to get anywhere!
4. What do you do for work? (career)
Software sales for Google
5. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit?
The payoff when you get to that final round and or rep. Why not when finishing? Because a few minutes after you have finished, the masochist inside longs to be back in the WOD pushing yourself again. Also the camaraderie and motivation that comes from working out with a group is fantastic! It is the closest thing to the team suffer-fests I had in my old lax days.
6. What is your least favorite thing about CrossFit?
I dont have anything specific but the addictive nature of CF can be a bit troubling. I find it challenging not too feel guilty when I miss a WOD… let it be for a rest day or when traveling on vacation or for work. Does anyone know of a good pullup bar at DIA? 🙂
… and then there is that damn rowing.
7. Do you have any goals in CrossFit? Anything specific you want to accomplish? (muscle up, pull-up, handstand push up, body-weight squat)
The lack of flexibility is my shoulders, back and hips are my nemesis especially in my lifts. I would love to get things loose enough so they are not such a big limiting factor. …. and then their are the MUs…..
8. When you’re not CrossFitting, what activities keep you busy?
Trail running is a staple for me although I do love to bike. Otherwise my little girl keeps me busy.
9. Where were you born/raised?
Farmington Hills, MI
10. Married, kids, family?
Married to my wonderful wife Melani and we have one sweet little 4 yo girl Dylan
11. How do you make CrossFit a part of your weekly schedule?
I work off of Pearl so I can get to the early CF session most mornings before work or on my lunch break.