5 rounds for time:
Workout Mind Games
Our physical and mental place, environment, and state of mind have a tremendous affect on our workouts. This weekend I had what I considered a shitty ass workout (that’s a technical term). My mental state going in was not that great and it deteriorated throughout the workout ending in a giant pile of suck. Here’s what I remember from my train of thought in the 20 minutes that is Cindy. Anyone else ever melted down into a suckfest? Post to comments.
Ok, here you go, three fun people to workout with, a great environment, great training over the past month, a classic CF benchmark that you haven’t done in a year. Awesome. Well, sort of, I’m kind of unmotivated to do this…
- Stay smooth on the first round, don’t go crazy, build in to it, it’s 20 minutes
- Wow, butterfly pull-ups are fast, way faster than kipping
- Can I do butterfly for all 20 minutes? Maybe I should do every other round butterfly. Why?
- 13th air squat of first round, shit everyone is already on the pull-up bar
- Go faster or sit in and steady it up? What to do? Is that third gear in me today?
- Just get in a workout, you’ve got a busy afternoon at your job, don’t go crazy.
- End of 3rd round, shit why do my push-ups feel this crappy?
- Probably because you did 50 push-ups and 100 pull-ups on Thursday. That was stupid but I didn’t know I was going to do Cindy. Stop making excuses, suck it up
- Lance just reminded Joe to go a little deeper on his squats, are my squats deep enough?
- It’s hot, but my hair did curl really nicely this morning, humidity rocks!
- I should have shaved my hands, I’m going to rip
- Don’t forget to do your squats like that one time you were doing Cindy and you forgot your squats on that one round. I wonder how many people have ever forgot a rep or set in a CF workout. Probably everyone at some point. Honest mistake.
- Do your push-ups in sets of five, that will be good
- I wonder if Nadia is done squatting? I should have run 800s with Spencer.
- It’s hot
- When I lived in VA the humidity never got to me, Colorado is making me weak. Ah, but we have snow and ice and run through it
- Joe took his shirt off, I’m taking off my shirt, it’s hot and maybe that will spare me 10 seconds from this damned workout
- Lance’s push-ups are fast. Fine, 4-3 and 3s for push-ups
- What is wrong with my arms? My arms suck.
- Joe is using chalk to count his rounds, shit I should do that, I don’t want to lose count
- Screw this 531 and my bench press, it’s certainly not helping my push-ups
— 10 minutes in! —
- I am certain on my old Cindys’ that my push-ups were easy until 12 minutes in. Why the change? What the hell? Maybe my push-ups sucked last time I did Cindy and I didn’t know it and now I’m holding a higher standard. Probably not.
- I know I got 20+ rounds one time, what the hell?
- Todd is tall
- I wish Colorado was this warm
- How am I already back at push-ups? WTF?
- Ok a set of 3 – 3 – 3 -1
- That didn’t work, what the hell is wrong with my push-ups?
— 5 minutes left! —
- Five minutes left?! Ok this is my time, I love the last 5 minutes of a 20 minute amrap, it’s go time!
- Where the hell is my go time?
- I must need a rest day. You just took a rest day. Maybe you need two
- Is it time yet? I am so done.
- Everyone else is falling apart, I’m limited by push-ups
— TIME —