Annual shop closure Day 2.
Meet a Root – Allison
- Months CrossFitting? Since Feb 2010—18 months I guess
- Favorite WOD or lift (pick one)? The Chief
- Least favorite WOD or lift (pick one)? Any WOD with DUs
- What do you do for work? (career) I’m the art director for 2 magazines about beer
- What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? There’s so much positive energy and team work in that shop from all the athletes and coaches, it’s motivating and inspiring. When I’m having a rough day at work the accomplishments I make in every workout really help lift my spirits.
- What is your least favorite thing about CrossFit? Bloody ripped calluses
- Do you have any goals in CrossFit? Anything specific you want to accomplish? PULLUPS–I’m so freaking close and I want to do it!
- When you’re not CrossFitting, what activities keep you busy? Tele skiing and mountain biking
- Where were you born/raised? Boxford, MA—a teeny town north of Boston
- Married, kids, family? No, no and nope
- How do you make CrossFit a part of your weekly schedule? It’s my mid-day recess since I work next door
- Any favorite stories from Roots or a group class? Funny, comical, happy, cool?…. Loved getting my name drawn in the food challenge last fall and winning $500!! Thank you, Roots, for funding my new skis 🙂
- Anything you’d like to add? When’s the next food challenge? I need to get back on track.