High bar Backsquat
Row 300 meters
20 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
Compare to 3/6/12
Announcing the Spring 2012 Look Good Naked Challenge
You asked for it and it’s here! The Spring 2012 Look Good Naked Challenge starts Sunday, April 22nd with a week of prep work beginning April 16th.
Hears a quick overview of the challenge:
- Strictly Paleo with a Paleo/Zone option
- Before and after indicators including mobile hydrostatic body fat testing
- 40-day challenge
- Food log monitoring and guidance
- Resources including weekly meal plans and shopping lists
- Required shop attendance
- Awesome prizes for challenge winners (male and female)
Read below for a thorough outline of the challenge dates, overview, and structure. Post to comments any questions.
Sign-up for the challenge opens Wednesday, April 11th and is limited to 30 people. The registration link will be posted online.
- This spring’s challenge was designed to be a perfect starting point for individuals who have not yet explored the world of Paleo eating. In addition, we designed the challenge for Paleo veterans who are moving in a great direction with their Paleo efforts but need to look at some fine tuning.
- The challenge will be 40 days in length
- The challenge focus areas are: before and after indicators (hard numbers!), accountability in food consumption and logging, and consistency in shop attendance. Each area will be measured or tracked throughout the 40 days.
- The challenge will crown a male and female winner. Read below for prize information!
- Wednesday, April 11th – challenge sign-up made available on MBO
- Monday, April 16th – mobile hydrostatic body fat testing and Challenge Meeting at 7:00 AM or 6:00 PM (mandatory)
- Sunday, April 22nd – challenge begins
- Thursday, May 31 – mobile hydrostatic body fat retest, prizes awarded, and challenge end at the May Cool Cruel Summer Benchmark WOD evening event!
challenge structure in relation to overarching themes
- Indicators (before and after) – pictures, body fat percentage and lean body mass, weight. We have arranged for a mobile hydrostatic body fat truck to come to Roots before and after the challenge (see challenge calendar above for dates)
- Accountability – daily food logging and coach monitoring, notes/feedback in log on 2-3 day basis, email communication for questions and guidance
- Consistency – workout 5x/week. Four of those workouts must be WODs (no specialty classes). Fifth workout can be another WOD, a specialty class, or an outdoor activity.
- Includes the before and after hydrostatic body fat testing ($60) and bi-weekly coach food log monitoring, feedback, and guidance.