EMOTM for 20 minutes:
1 squat clean
2 front squats
CrossFit Roots is pleased to announce that it was asked to host the CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Course on June 30 – July 1, 2012. We are very excited to host this two-day seminar.
The CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Course serves a number of purposes. The CrossFit website describes it best:
The Level 1 Trainer Certificate Course introduces the mechanical, conceptual, and theoretical foundations of CrossFit. Additionally, there will be “break out’ sessions for demonstration and practical application of the 9 Foundational Movements. The lectures, demonstrations, presentations, and breakouts all serve to indoctrinate participants with CrossFit’s conceptual underpinnings, while the workouts serve to reinforce/drive home the application. Events rotate approximately hourly for the duration making for two long days.
The Level 1 Certificate Course serves many different people – it is for the individual who would like to learn about CrossFit for the first time, the individual who has had a life changing experience through CrossFit and wants to gain a deeper understanding of the method, foundation, and movements, and for the individual who would like to take their first step toward coaching athletes.
Now, for the exciting news!
CrossFit Roots has FOUR spots to award to Roots athletes who would like to attend this course. To enter to earn a spot at the Level 1, submit an essay to us by April 30th.
Level 1 Essay Question:
Explain what CrossFit means to you and why you want to attend the Level 1 Course.
- This contest is open to current Roots members only
- All essays must be submitted in hardcopy form in a sealed envelope to CrossFit Roots by April 30th
- This is an anonymous essay contest. Do not label your envelope. You will receive instructions on how to label your envelope when you bring it to the shop to submit.
- Essays must be hand delivered. Do not mail your submission, we never read mail delivered to the shop
- All essay submissions are due by close of business on April 30th
- No late submissions will be accepted
Essay submissions will be reviewed by a team of individuals including coaches and non-coaches.
Essay contest winners will be announced on the blog on May 7th, 2012.