CrossFit Endurance is an endurance sports training program that combines the tenants and benefits of the CrossFit strength & conditioning program with the sport specificity, needs, and performance goals of an endurance athlete.
Our program focuses on increasing power and speed while decreasing recovery time, reducing injury, promoting preservation of lean tissue and creating a more sustainable performance curve. We eliminate unnecessary volume from training while increasing intensity.
This is not your typical long slow distance endurance program – but it works and the results are worth the pain.
2014 Spring Training Program
Gearing up for the 2014 season?
Whether your sports include running, cycling, triathlon, or adventure races, now is time to start working to crush the competition.
The Spring program starts March 3, 2014 and will run through April 25th. It is an 8-week session.
Don’t spend hours plodding away on long, slow, distance running again this year. It is a recipe for overuse injury, less than stellar results, and boredom. The Roots CFE program requires 5-6 fun, intense hours per week. And it produces results.
Please note: the program is not limited to those with competitive aspirations, but is focused on building endurance capacity specifically.
Fall Training Structure & Cost:
Program Training Schedule:
- 3 CFE Strength and Conditioning WODs per week with the team (similar to CrossFit WODs in terms of structure and exercises, but designed for the needs of an endurance athlete). Held at Roots.
- 2 CFE running/cycling workouts per week with the team
- Additional group classes are available through a Roots punch card.
- $450 – 2 monthly payments of $225 (replaces your current Roots membership for the duration of the program).
Fall Training Dates and Class Times:
Spring Training begins March 3rd and will run through April 25th.
Weekly meeting times are as follows:
- Mondays at 11:30am — CFE Endurance WOD
- Tuesdays at 11:30am — CFE Strength and Conditioning
- Wednesdays at 7:00am – Track WOD and 11:30am — CFE Strength and Conditioning
- Friday at 11:30 – CFE Strength and Conditioning
How Do I Sign Up?
Sign-up is limited to 12 athletes. Email Stefanie to sign-up.
Individuals who do not have CrossFit experience are required to complete a Foundations Course prior to the program start. Email Walker for details.
Email Walker Savidge, CFE Program Director.