Roots’ CrossFit Endurance program is an endurance sport strength and conditioning program. We follow CrossFit’s protocol of using constantly varied functional movements at high intensity with a bias toward endurance training. This does not mean that we simply do long CrossFit WODs. We go short, long, intervals and everything in between. We train strength, speed, agility, endurance, stamina, power and coordination. By training these physical skills in as many variations as possible we build endurance athletes with increased aerobic capacity, increased mobility, increased recovery rates and decreased potential for injuries.
We know that speed is not enough to win a race. Successful endurance athletes combine grit with smart training. Our CrossFit Endurance model is particularly well suited to push athletes both psychologically and physiologically in ways that are not available on the trail. Our program develops toughness, grit, and athleticism simultaneously through varied programming, not just additional volume.
Our program is based on four CrossFit workouts per week. These workouts:
- Build strength, aerobic endurance, speed, power, stamina, agility and mobility
- Consist of movements ranging from bodyweight (pull-ups) to barbell movements
- Vary in time to elicit adaptations in all three energy pathways
- Address the specific needs of the endurance athlete
In addition, we do two days of running practice which include a variety of the following:
- Running form development
- Pacing drills
- Distance runs
- Interval runs
- Test and resting of endurance benchmarks to monitor progress.
Athletes of the Endurance Program are active endurance athletes who wish to get better at their sport.
- All endurance athletes are welcome, including but not limited to: runners, cyclists, mountain bikers, triathletes, swimmers
- For the endurance athlete at any level who is looking for real training, not just “more exercise”
- Athletes should be committed, determined and prepared to push their limits
All athletes are required to start with an introductory series we call The Starting Line. Each series consists of six, one-hour classes that occur on a set schedule.
In Starting Line you will:
- Learn movements and technique required for Endurance classes
- Gradually increase your conditioning level
- Experience CrossFit Endurance workouts
We periodically offer a Free Class and Intro session for the Endurance program. We will be announcing a fall date soon, please check back for details. You are also welcome to email Coach Kirk Warner to set up a private intro session in the meantime.
If you are interested in getting started immediately, please email Coach Kirk to set up a private Starting Line course.
Membership and Schedule
After completion of The Starting Line athletes are prepared to begin the Endurance Program. Membership fees are $200/month and cycle on a month-to-month basis. The schedule is as follows:
Monday – WOD – 12:30-1:30pm
Tuesday – WOD/TRACK – 12:30-2:00pm
Wednesday – WOD – 12:30-1:30pm
Thursday – TRACK – 12:30-1:30pm
Friday – WOD – 12:30-1:30pm
Please note, due to the nature of the Endurance program, athlete enrollment is limited.
For any questions or inquiries please contact Coach Kirk.