You found us. Sweet!
There are many ways to train at CrossFit Roots. We offer monthly memberships for group classes and specialty programs (Strength, Olympic Weightlifting, CrossFit Endurance, and Power Hour) as well as private coaching. For information on how to join the group classes or work with a personal coach, read on!
Here’s the road map to getting started with our group classes:
1. Sign-up for a Free Class and Introductory Session
2. Take the Foundations Course (you do not need to attend the Free Class to sign-up for Foundations and get started)
3. Sign up for a membership and attend group classes
1. MONTHLY FREE CLASS AND INTRODUCTORY SESSION
We offer a Free Class and Introductory Session each month. This session is designed for anyone interested in learning more about our program and meeting our staff of coaches. In this session we start with a workout and take you through a typical class hour at Roots. We coach you through some of the movements we do in the group class so you get a feel for how we teach, and take you through a short workout. Afterward we talk about the method of CrossFit, discuss how we operate at our shop and membership options. This session is on us.
Sign-up opens one week prior to the class and will be available here. You can also email Stefanie to reserve a space.
2. FOUNDATIONS COURSE
If group training is what you are looking for then your first stop is our Foundations Course. We start everyone with the Foundations Course.
Group Foundations Course
A ten-session course designed to teach and familiarize you with the movements used in the group class, introduce you to workouts of increasing intensity and difficulty, start you on the path toward nutrition that will support fitness and health, and get you to the point where you are ready to join the group classes. The Foundations Course consists of 10 training sessions over 3.5 weeks and is limited to 8 people per course. The group foundations course begins the first Monday of each month and mets Mon, Tues and Thursday from 7 to 8pm. Sign up opens two weeks in advance at 7am, sign up HERE.
Private Foundations Course
Similar to the Foundations Course in regard to content and coaching the Private Foundations Course is a great option for those who need a little more control over their meeting times. A series of 6 personal training sessions, this is a great option for individuals who would like a personalized foundations program or whose schedules do not work with the current group Foundations Course time offerings. Private Foundations Courses are for 1 or 2 people.
We know that some will read this and think, “What?! I don’t need an Foundations Course, I’m fit, I’m strong, just let me lift heavy stuff and try Fran!” Whoa there young CrossFitter. Proper technique increases an athlete’s ultimate potential, prevents injury, and develops an appreciation for and understanding of the specificity of movement involved. Start CrossFit but start it right.
Once you have completed the Foundations Course, you are ready to join our group classes.
Group classes provide the arena for how we coach our athletes and feature the CrossFit Workout of the Day. Remember what it felt like to be part of a team? There’s a tangible feeling of camaraderie, accountability, and shared effort that invigorates and inspires us to push beyond what we can accomplish on our own. Our group classes are limited to 12 athletes and are an hour long. Our daily class schedule offering is extensive. Come play for our team.
Our Unlimited membership offers access to group classes, specialty classes and Sunday open shop. Email us for details.
Here’s the road map to getting started with our private coaching:
1. Choose a coach
2. Take a Private Elements Course
3. Set a schedule with your coach that will help you achieve your specific goals
1. At CrossFit Roots we have many personable and talented coaches. They hold many certifications in the fitness industry and in CrossFit. Finding the right coach who can motivate, inspire, and get you the results you want is our goal. Our first step is to sit down with you, discuss your goals, and introduce you to our coaching staff to find the right person for you.
2. We start all athletes with a Foundations Course. In the case of private coaching, the Private Foundations Course is similar to the group Foundations Course in that the program is designed to teach and familiarize you with the movements used in CrossFit, introduce you to workouts of increasing intensity and difficulty, start you on the path toward nutrition that will support fitness and health, and get you to the point where you have a baseline knowledge of CrossFit. The course is a series of 6 private training sessions and gets athletes to the point where they can assimilate into regular private training.
3. Set a schedule and GO. Your private coach cannot do the work for you but we can get you to a magical place of health and fitness. Set you schedule and be held accountable.
For more information on private coaching or our coaches, please email us.