75 pound Thruster, 30 reps
15 foot Rope climb, 3 ascents
75 pound Thruster, 20 reps
15 foot Rope climb, 2 ascents
75 pound Thruster, 10 reps
15 foot Rope climb, 1 ascents
Thank you Eric for making my dreams for each space come true. And we thought this was a project!
3 Year Anniversary
Today is one of my favorite days of the year – the Roots Anniversary and Athlete Appreciation Picnic!
Technically, Roots turned 3 in July. We’re celebrating tonight because, well, we got a little behind in the planning.
Familiar with Sports Illustrated’s In the Numbers? Here’s our rundown…
* Turning 3 means Roots has been around for 1,460+ days. Whoa!
* As of the end of today, the Roots coaching staff will have coached 7,881 classes
* And, by the end of today, Roots athletes will have hit 52,496 workouts
* Today is the 1,150th post to our blog
* The total pounds of bumpers has gone from 255 lbs in March of 2009 to 3,747.5 lbs as of today. Over the years, we usually purchased more bumpers immediately after each 1 rep max deadlift – stronger athletes = more bumpers.
* The total number of barbells has gone from 2 to 32 (and a few new barbells are on the way!)
So many folks have helped us along the way and helped make the shop what it is today – THANK YOU!
Thank you Roots athletes – you guys are amazing and dedicated and inspire the coaches day in and day out
The coaching staff – you are the best and most talented at what you do. Thanks for dreaming big with us.
We’ll see you tonight at the picnic where we celebrate YOU, the Roots athletes. Come for awesome company, great food, and some fun surprises!
And, a BIG shout out to Jonathan as he heads off to compete in the Longs Peak Scottish Irish Highland Festival Games this weekend. Jonathan has been working with Ryan for the past few months to prepare for this event that involves jumping, throwing, tossing, and launching objects. Follow his efforts here! Details on the festival here.