750 burpees for time
max rep double-unders. For every double-under short of 100 in a row, complete that many bodyweight deadlifts
Announcing the Spring Fuel Challenge
The moment you’ve all been waiting for – details on the spring fuel challenge. We are so excited to announce this challenge. In past challenges our goal has been to steer you in a new direction to better your health, performance, and longevity. Lately, I’ve been having this crisis of faith in the way we encourage people to eat. I just really don’t think that the food piece matters that much anymore. Who cares if you eat grains, it’s not like you drop dead when you eat them. And sugar, I’ve eaten it since I was born and I seem to be doing fine. And I’m tired of carrying my tupperware to the shop everyday and I’m pretty sure Eric is tired of doing all the dishes required to prepare all of the tupperware food.
For this fuel challenge, we will test the opposite approach to the foods we eat. For the Spring Fuel Challenge, you will be required to eat the typical American diet for 4 weeks and we will test to see to what extent you can ruin your health, performance, longevity, and appearance in a 30 day period. That’s right, for 30 days you will live on this supposed “dark side.”
The winner is determined by the individual who shows the most significant change for the worse in the following categories:
– blood work
– athletic performance
– 3 body composition measurements
The prize for this challenge is $1,500.
Here’s what you are allowed to eat:
– 2 Pop Tarts
– Any fat free, high fiber cereal (must be consumed with low fat milk, fat free is better)
– Oatmeal with sliced bananas, skim milk, and honey, and a grapefruit on the side
– Two pieces of toast with Smuckers jam and a glass of orange juice and a glass of skim milk
– Chipotle burrito with extra rice and a Coke
– Subway sandwich, go for the footlong, no 6″ inch subs allowed
– Pizza of any kind, 2 slice minimum
– NutraGrain bars
– Odwalla Juice
– Any 100 Calorie snack pack, must consume 3-4 of them
– steak with iceberg lettuce salad and bread, consume 2-3 pieces of bread
– Hamburger helper on a whole wheat bun, add ketchup to bun
– Pasta with marinara and garlic bread
– 1/2 pint of ice cream, must contain some yummy treat in large quantities, like marshmallows or caramel or something
– SaraLee cakes of any kind
– Any Safeway bought bakery item
To be clear, the following MAY NOT be consumed:
NO Green vegetables of any kind – excluding iceberg lettuce and roma tomatoes, they’re allowed. VERY THIN slices of carrots on top of a salad are fine.
NO Raw or unsweetened nuts – all nuts must be sugar coated, salted, or dipped in a sugary substance of some kind
NO natural meats – all meats must be from a source that made certain the animal had a horrible existence. Deep fried and battered meats are preferred.
NO fresh fruit other than apples, oranges, or bananas – you should aim to consume a product that best mimics the fruit you are trying to eat – fruit roll-ups, fruit juice, or Strawberry LifeSavers are best