Here. We. Go.
The second Open of the 2019 season is upon us. That’s right. The 2019 CrossFit Open V.2 is October 10th through November 11th.
If you missed it, CrossFit moved the annual CrossFit Open from the spring to the fall, which means we’ll have two Opens in one year. If you’ve never heard of the CrossFit Open – go here.
Whoa whoa whoa!
Before you shut your computer and roll your eyes about throwing down on ANOTHER Open in one year – let us tell you what we have in store for you this fall. It will be different than the spring where we did Friday Night Lights. This Open will be wild, fun, a little silly, team-driven, and just plain awesome!
To mark this historic event and celebrate the level of fitness we know and love – we introduce to you…The 2019 CrossFit Roots Intramural Open.
What does that look like?
- Sign-up for the Open and you’ll be placed on one of four teams.
- Team captains will be four Roots members.
- Complete the workout Rx OR Scaled each week – you can go back and forth!
- Teams will score the top 3 Scaled and Rx scores for their team each week.
- In addition, there will be many additional ways team members can earn points – such as by working out in your team’s color, by doing the workout in a class, and by logging 5 group class workouts each week, among others.
- Lastly, there will be a different weekly challenge where teams will select one team member to compete for their team. Hint: this extra event won’t have anything to do with fitness so you never know when you’ll be able to help your team thrive!
Why Would I Do This?
The point is to have fun! For five consecutive Fridays, the gym will be wild and on fire with team action, great workouts, lots of laughs, and a little more drive to push hard. It’s the perfect environment to gain fitness and keep it real.
How Do I Sign-up?
Look here tomorrow for sign-up through MBO! This is how we will know you’re IN and make teams. Additionally, you can sign-up on games.crossfit.com if you want to track your scores on the world stage!
Please post to comments as everyone else is probably wondering the same thing!
Leave A Comment