CrossFit Roots will be holding CrossFit’s PairUP ThrowDOWN partner competition THIS Saturday (May 22) during all group classes.
Here is what you need to do before then:
- Grab a partner
- Register at https://www.crossfit.com/pair-up-throw-down ($20 per pair)
- Come to class Saturday ready to ThrowDOWN
How many workouts are there? Just one! The workout is designed to be completed within a one-hour class.
When will the workout be released? Thursday, May 20 at 1 p.m. (MST)
What’s the format?
- Partner options — M/M, W/W, or mixed pair
- One workout to complete any time between Thursday and Monday (we will complete it at Roots on Saturday)
- Rx’d and scaled divisions, plus age groups — Open, 35-44, 45-54, 55+
- Judge not required but recommended for top performers
- Video required for performance-based prizes
Can I partner with someone outside my age group?
Yes! You only have to partner with someone in your age group if you plan on competing in the Masters divisions. If you choose a partner outside your age group, you’ll be placed in the younger of the two divisions (ex: if a 35-year-old and a 50-year-old pair up, you’ll be put in the 35-44 age group).
Here are the divisions:
• Open age group: At least one athlete on the team is 34 years old** or younger
• 35-44 age group: Both athletes on the team are 35-44 years old**
• 45-54 age group: Both athletes on the team are 45-54 years old**
• 55+ age group: Both athletes on the team are 55 years old** or older
*Athletes in any age category can choose to compete in the Open age group.
Are there prizes?
You bet! CrossFit Games tickets valued at over $120,000 will be awarded to top competitors and their affiliates.
Who will I be competing against?
You will be competing against everyone who is signed up for the PairUP ThrowDown partner competition (much like the Open). Check out the CrossFit Leaderboard for your ranking.
When can I do the workout at Roots? We will be running the workout during all group classes on Saturday, May 22.
What if I can’t make it Saturday? We have organized this for Saturday only. However, you are more than welcome to grab a partner and throwdown at a different time during Open Shop hours.
When are scores due? Teams will have until 1 p.m. (MST) on Monday (May 24) to complete the event and submit a score.
For more information, checkout the rulebook here.
Now, it’s time for you to find a partner and start strategizing for this weekend! See you Saturday.