Now that the dust has settled from the 2018 CrossFit Open, the coaches put their heads together on the areas that we can work on as a gym to make us better CrossFitters and more prepared for next year’s Open.
One of the top elements that came up: double unders.
To be clear, we’re not just talking about the folks who do not yet have them. We’re talking about the folks who are able to do them, but perhaps don’t have a ton of stamina and advanced technique to knock out 100 with ease.
That’s why we’re excited to announce a very special clinic with Molly Metz and Jump n’ Rope. We are so fortunate to live so near to one of the world’s most talented athletes and teacher of all things jump rope.
Jump n’ Rope Clinic – Saturday, June 16th: 11:00am-1:15pm at CrossFit Roots
On Saturday, June 16th we will host a Jump n’ Rope clinic with Molly and her team. The clinic is limited to 14 participants and sign-up will open on the blog next Monday (May 7th). The cost for the clinic is $65.
Good for Beginners and the Advanced!
Whether you’ve become proficient at double unders during your time with CrossFit or are just learning, this clinic will help you improve your capacity.
For those new to the double under:
- Maybe you’re unable to perform a double under or you have a few, but can’t yet link 10 in a row with any consistency. Come break down your setup and learn fundamental skill work through individual attention to identify your path to double under proficiency.
For those that are proficient in the double under:
- You can perform 10+ consecutive double unders (with frequency). Maybe you still suffer from a full understanding of technique because there is still shoulder fatigue and an inability to control your breath. You might also be interested in new training methods: triple unders, speed training, wire cable changes (heavy rope training, etc.). You’ll focus on modifying your practice through drill work done to aid in undoing possible bad mechanics.
More About Lead Instructor Molly Metz
- 5-Time World Jump Rope Champion
- 32 years experience in the sport of jump rope
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Kids Trainer
- Double Under PR: 10 minutes w/o a mistake (~1400 consecutive)
- Head Coach of the Mad Hops Competitive Jump Rope Team
- Owner of JumpNrope
And a Video
Questions about the clinic? Post to comments.