What better way to say goodbye to the 2018 CrossFit Open and welcome in spring than at the grand finale of Friday Night Lights?!
This week’s Friday Night Lights is PACKED with food, festivities, and great prizes. Don’t forget, we’ll draw the grand prize of the CrossFit Open on Friday – but you have to enter to win! See below for details!
Food Truck! – Rollin’ Bones BBQ
Did someone say BBQ? CrossFit Roots is pleased to welcome Rollin’ Bones BBQ and Eric Hollinger, owner and pitmaster, to Friday Night Lights! You’ve seen the truck around town and at the Rayback Collective – on Friday he’s headed to Roots!
Bring the family, celebrate the start of Spring Break, and grab dinner while you watch The Open!
Sponsors and Prizes – Locals Week!
We have an incredible collection of local businesses who donated awesome prizes to this week’s raffle.
Grand Prize Drawing! – An Electra Cruiser!
Did you know that by participating in The Open or judging at Friday Night Lights that you are eligible to win a free bike? All you have to do is enter to win!
Jon Sissenwein – Realtor of Colorado Homes by Jon wants to support YOU in The Open. That’s why he’s raffling off a sweet Electra Cruiser to those that contributed to The Open! But you have to enter to win!
[button link=”https://www.coloradohomesbyjon.com/open” type=”big” color=”orange”] Enter to Win![/button]
Warm-up Coach, Week 5 – Ryan Landis
Each week the warm-up area is stocked with a Roots coach who is affectionately called – The Warm-up Coach! As you all know we will be running WODs in heats through the night which means you’ll be responsible for warming yourself up but have no fear, a Warmup Coach will be near!
In addition to the coaches that are present and floating around to help you with the Open, each week there is a designated Warmup Coach (WC) in the warmup area. The WC will change each week and we’ll introduce them here, in the weekly guide.
The WC is there to answer any questions you have regarding how to warm up (a specific warmup will be written on the whiteboard), discuss movement standards, chat about “to scale or not to scale”, how to approach the workout, give you a pep talk, and all that good stuff. They will also gather you and the rest of your heat minutes before it is time for your heat.
Judges, it’s the home stretch! Thank you each for volunteering over the past 5 weeks. We have a special prize drawing for the judging staff at Friday Night Lights! Don’t forget to let us know your availability for Week 5! Thank you for volunteering! We couldn’t do this without you!
1. Watch the LIVE Announcement on Thursday night at 6pm to learn the workout. Go here to watch or come by the shop, we’ll have it on!
2. Tune-in to CrossFit Roots’ Facebook LIVE show at 7pm where we’ll talk about the workout. This week, we welcome special guest Marcus Martin – more on that tomorrow!
3. Sign-up on MBO for a heat time for Friday night. Heat times will be posted by 9pm in MBO on Thursday evenings. If you can’t make Friday night, be sure to sign-up for a regular group class.
4. Show up on Friday. If you’re coming to do the workout at Friday Night Lights, we recommend arriving 30 minutes before your heat begins so you have plenty of time to change clothes, check-in with the WC, and get ready.
5. Do the workout!
6. BYOB to share, smile, and join us for Happy Hour – you did it!
Leave A Comment