1 mile Run
1 mile Run
Today is the annual Memorial Day Murph workout and potluck. We will host two heats of the workout followed by a potluck Paleo breakfast. Details of the day below.
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor”. From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is. Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
Sign-up for a heat time as usual through MBO. Your workout will begin at your heat time so please be warmed-up and know which scaling option you are doing (see below).
POTLUCK BREAKFAST AND SOCIAL
Stick around after the workout for some fun and delicious food provided by your fellow athletes. If you plan to stick around please bring a Paleo food item to share. Don’t forget, many of your fellow athletes are 6 weeks in to a nutrition challenge, so be a friend and help them out.
As always, we will have scaling options. Eric and Nicole will be there on Sunday to help guide you if you’re not sure which option is for you, but here they are in advance:
1. RX – as written and with a 20 pound vest (we have 10, first come, first serve, or bring your own body armor). The 20 pound vest is for male AND female for RX, there is no “women’s weight.” The vest mimics the weight of body armor and you can’t scale body armor, bad things happen.
2. BODY WEIGHT – as written but without a weight vest
3. BODY WEIGHT plus bands/knees – as written, without a weight vest, and using bands for pull-ups or doing push-ups on knees
4. HALF MURPH – full or half run distance but with 1/2 pull-ups, push-ups, and squats (50/100/150)
5. TEAM MURPH – in a team of 2, partners run alternating 400s and split the pull-ups/push-ups/squats. One partner can work at a time.