1000 meter row
45 pound Thurster, 50 reps
Meet a Root – Olivia
1. Months CrossFitting? square root of 144.. you do the math..
2. Favorite WOD or lift (pick one)? Helen
3. Least favorite WOD or lift (pick one)? Bench press as I believe it aligns more with the male sense of athletic gratification.
4. What do you do for work? (career) I work for the USGS in an aqueous geochemistry research lab.
5. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? I love that CrossFit constantly fulfills a sense of personal accomplishment and forces you hold yourself to an ever higher standard. Its like moving to the next level on Super Mario.. always generally completing the same task but way harder. Oh and.. learning how to exploit every single edible part of the coconut plant…Can’t touch this Alton Brown!
6. What is your least favorite thing about CrossFit? Feeling like I got hit by a train.. (we all secretly like it though)..
7. Do you have any goals in CrossFit? Anything specific you want to accomplish? (muscle up, pull-up, handstand push up, body-weight squat) Handstand push ups and bodyweight C&J
8. When you’re not CrossFitting, what activities keep you busy? Things that end in -ing (ex. mountain biking, snowboarding, cooking, rockhounding, flying) ..Exceptions being of course carb-loading and ironing
9. Where were you born/raised? Born: Boulder,CO, raised: Lexington,KY
10. Married, kids, family? I’m practically a kid!
11. How do you make CrossFit a part of your weekly schedule? I wear tear-aways so I can rip into my workout gear whenever possible..
12. Anything you’d like to add? ROOTS ROCKS! say that 5 rounds for time!