3 rounds for time:
20 box jumps
30 KB swings
Tomorrow we are doing the benchmark Hero workout Murph.
1 mile Run
1 mile Run
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor”. From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
ALL of you are capable of doing and excelling at Murph and I encourage you to come in and make a go at this workout. As always, we will scale as necessary. For tomorrow, here are your options:
1. As written and with a 20 pound vest
2. As written and with a weight vest (5, 10, or 15 pounds)
3. As written without a weight vest
4. As written but with 2/3rds pull-ups, push-ups, and squats (66/132/200)
5. As written but with 1/2 pull-ups, push-ups, and squats (50/100/150)
Weight Vests: We have two weight vests. Email us to reserve a weight vest during the class hour you wish to come.