CrossFit Roots is looking for an experienced General Manager and Business Development Specialist to join our team. You will play a pivotal role in caring for our community and developing existing and new lines of business revenue for the gym. This position reports directly to CrossFit Roots’ Founder and Owners.
- Lead a team of program managers and coaches to ensure superior service, product, and quality to members
- Drive revenue through increased membership numbers, additional programs, new lines of business, and support of employees
- Employ authentic marketing strategies to drive brand awareness, education, and grow membership
- Ensure member retention and manage client relationships
- Ensure that all forms of client communication and member management are handled with speed, accuracy, and care
- Establish and maintain internal systems and processes
- Care for the CrossFit Roots community of athletes
- Stay abreast of current CrossFit developments, competitions, and opportunities
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Self-motivated, hard-working, team-player
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to code-switch between high-level business development and member services
- Ability to identify and create content for client education and big picture marketing
- Ability to see projects through from vision to implementation
- Experience planning and managing events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a small team
- Commitment to and understanding of CrossFit
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Support/Success, Business Development, Management, or related disciplines, management experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience with ZenPlanner, MBO, or other client management systems
- Proven ability to increase revenue
- CrossFit Level 1 or higher required
- Experience coaching CrossFit is a plus
- This is an onsite position with the opportunity for some work from home
ARE WE A GOOD FIT?
You: You like to work hard. You enjoy people and like to help others find success. You understand that every CrossFit journey is different but have a belief that every athlete has the potential to achieve health and fitness at the elite level. Business motivates you and you see opportunity in every corner to do things better. You understand why walking into the gym with a McDonald’s cup is out of the question. You understand the importance of getting every email just right. You’re not above any job. Systems and efficiency make you smile, maybe you even like spreadsheets;). You’re motivated by money but not at the expense of selling your soul. You train your body five times a week and enjoy going to group classes. You want a flexible work environment but understand the rigors and needs of a small business environment and, that sometimes, you just have to put your head down and grind.
Us: We work hard and play hard. We are CrossFit purists and, as a team, vomit at the idea of gimmicky training methods, nutritional protocols, statements, and movements. We believe in the power of doing the basics well (in CrossFit and in business) and are proud to offer a professional CrossFit experience to our members. We see potential in every individual who walks through our doors and can’t wait to teach them the air squat. We get work done and openly hold protect and hold one another accountable to our team’s mission and ethos. We like coffee, eating clean, playing outside, laughing in the back office, and sharing in one another’s successes and setbacks. We love going to work.
Base salary with benefits and bonus structure. Compensation based on experience.
CrossFit Roots is a proud equal opportunity employer. Employment at Roots is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to his or her professional competence. Roots does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. CrossFit Roots complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Leave A Comment