Whether you joined us for the workout during group class or at Friday Night Lights, thanks for participating and for coming out to support one another!
We’ve got a DYNAMITE lineup for this week’s Friday Night Lights! See below for all the details. Remember, whether you are doing the workout at Friday Night Lights, did it earlier in the day during a group class, or just want to come by – we HIGHLY encourage you to check out this weekly dose of Friday evening awesomeness!
Pre-Order Your Dinner!
Boulder Kitchen Collective is cooking up a storm and will be delivering dinner to Roots at Friday Night Lights this week. But there’s a catch – YOU HAVE TO PRE-ORDER YOUR DINNER! Don’t miss out on this awesome opportunity to throw down on the workout and then stay for dinner!
[button link=”https://goo.gl/forms/fMLX7vFQP8ko7v672″ type=”big” color=”orange” newwindow=”yes”] Pre-Order HERE. [/button]
Warm-up Coach, Week 2 – Ali Minton
Each week the warm-up area is stocked with a Roots coach who is affectionately called – The Warm-up Coach! As you all know we will be running WODs in heats through the night which means you’ll be responsible for warming yourself up but have no fear, a Warmup Coach will be near!
In addition to the coaches that are present and floating around to help you with the Open, each week there is a designated Warmup Coach (WC) in the warmup area. The WC will change each week and we’ll introduce them here, in the weekly guide.
The WC is there to answer any questions you have regarding how to warm up (a specific warmup will be written on the whiteboard), discuss movement standards, chat about “to scale or not to scale”, how to approach the workout, give you a pep talk, and all that good stuff. They will also gather you and the rest of your heat minutes before it is time for your heat.
We have a dynamite group of folks who have taken and passed the judges course! If you have taken the judges course but not yet signed up to judge on Friday Nights, please view this doc and sign-up for what you are able. Thank you for volunteering! We couldn’t do this without you!
Sponsors and Prizes
We’re proud to present Lululemon Boulder as our Week 2 sponsors! – the makers of rocking workout apparel that always just seems to be a little bit better than the rest!
We’ll raffle off a men’s and women’s prize package at Friday Night Lights! Anyone who is signed up for The Open or judging can enter to win!
Thank you to lululemon for its support of Friday Night Lights!
1. Watch the LIVE Announcement on Thursday night at 6pm to learn the workout. Go here to watch or come by the shop, we’ll have it on!
2. Tune-in to CrossFit Roots’ Facebook LIVE show at 7pm where we’ll talk about the workout and interview a weekly special guest! This week we welcome Annette to the show!
3. Sign-up on MBO for a heat time for Friday night. Heat times will be posted by 9pm in MBO on Thursday evenings. If you can’t make Friday night, be sure to sign-up for a regular group class.
4. Show up on Friday. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before your heat begins so you have plenty of time to change clothes, check-in with the WC, and get ready.
5. Do the workout!
6. Grab your Boulder Kitchen Collective dinner, cheer on other athletes, BYOB, and smile – you did it!
Questions about ANYTHING Open related? Post to comments.
Leave A Comment