Hey Roots Crew!
We’re quickly approaching the halfway point of the 2018 CrossFit Open! I have to say, last week’s Friday group classes and Friday Night Lights were ON FIRE. The energy, support, and community were felt throughout the day and I’m pumped to see what this week holds.
We’ve got a super special (did we mention the free shoes?) guest this week at Friday Night Lights! See below for all the details.
Remember, whether you are doing the workout at Friday Night Lights, did it earlier in the day during a group class, or just want to come by – we HIGHLY encourage you to check out this weekly dose of Friday evening awesomeness!
Sponsors and Prizes – Metcon 4s!
We’re so excited about this week’s raffle prizes that we can hardly contain ourselves. Please help us in welcoming Boulder Running Co. and Nike to CrossFit Roots.
Boulder Running Company will be giving away FOUR pairs of the brand new Nike Metcon. The coaches were fortunate to get their hands on a few pairs and are loving them!
In addition, BRC will have pairs of Nike Metcons available for athletes to demo and use in their workouts.
Come do the workout or volunteer as a judge to enter to win one of FOUR pairs of Metcons.
Warm-up Coach, Week 3 – Ali Minton
Each week the warm-up area is stocked with a Roots coach who is affectionately called – The Warm-up Coach! As you all know we will be running WODs in heats through the night which means you’ll be responsible for warming yourself up but have no fear, a Warmup Coach will be near!
In addition to the coaches that are present and floating around to help you with the Open, each week there is a designated Warmup Coach (WC) in the warmup area. The WC will change each week and we’ll introduce them here, in the weekly guide.
The WC is there to answer any questions you have regarding how to warm up (a specific warmup will be written on the whiteboard), discuss movement standards, chat about “to scale or not to scale”, how to approach the workout, give you a pep talk, and all that good stuff. They will also gather you and the rest of your heat minutes before it is time for your heat.
We have a dynamite group of folks who have taken and passed the judges course! If you have taken the judges course but not yet signed up to judge on Friday Nights, please view this doc and sign-up for what you are able. Thank you for volunteering! We couldn’t do this without you!
1. Watch the LIVE Announcement on Thursday night at 6pm to learn the workout. Go here to watch or come by the shop, we’ll have it on!
2. Tune-in to CrossFit Roots’ Facebook LIVE show at 7pm where we’ll talk about the workout and interview a weekly special guest!
3. Sign-up on MBO for a heat time for Friday night. Heat times will be posted by 9pm in MBO on Thursday evenings. If you can’t make Friday night, be sure to sign-up for a regular group class.
4. Show up on Friday. If you’re coming to do the workout at Friday Night Lights, we recommend arriving 30 minutes before your heat begins so you have plenty of time to change clothes, check-in with the WC, and get ready.
5. Do the workout!
6. BYOB to share, smile, and join us for Happy Hour – you did it!
Questions about ANYTHING Open related? Post to comments.