Annual Shop Closure
1. Vitals: Jean Sanson, joined CrosssFit in February 2016
2. Where were you born/raised? Born and raised in Miami Beach, Florida
3. Married, kids, family? Married to Chuck Sanson (retired CrossFitter) with two girls, Leah 12 and Brooke 10 (both apprehensively considering CrossFit)
4. What do your days consist of? Days consist of 6:30 am CrossFit or sunrise bike ride, full day of work at the City of Boulder planning great transportation options – like walking, biking, and transit. Then home to the family and often in bed before the kids.
5. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? My favorite thing about CrossFit is the variety. I used to surprise myself and not look at the workout the night before. You never know what you’re getting into.
6. What is your least favorite thing about CrossFit? My least favorite thing about CrossFit is getting to CrossFit. Especially on cold days. I still have warm Floridian blood.
7. Favorite WOD or movement? Favorite WOD is anything cardio, least favorite WOD is heavy lifting.
8. Lease favorite WOD or movement? Handstand anything gives me the heebie jeebies. I’m pretty sure I’m going to break my neck one day.
9. Do you have any goals in CrossFit? My CrossFit goal is to be strong and fit. I like it when my kids ask me to use my new CrossFit muscles to do things like open a jar of peanut butter.
10. When you’re not CrossFitting, what activities keep you busy? When I’m not CrossFitting, I’m on my bike!
11. How do you make CrossFit a part of your weekly schedule? I make CrossFitting a part of my schedule by sticking to the same early morning routine. It’s hard to fit it in as the day goes on.
12. Any favorite stories about a CrossFit experience? Cute story – My kids came to CrossFit with me the other day, and their reaction was “Mom, you’re so embarrassing. Why do you have to use four bands for pull ups? No one else used that many”. So when I shared their reaction with Shane, his reply was “At least you’re here. They should be embarrassed for the mom’s that aren’t at CrossFit”. So take that! 🙂