25 Walking lunge steps
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents
We had a great group last night for the first of the two Paleo Team Challenge prep sessions. Who’s in? We’ll have to wait and see. You MUST email Nicole by Sunday at 12 noon if you plan to enter in the challenge. The second prep session is Sunday at 10am.
There was a request for a discussion board for people in the Paleo Team Challenge to post recipes, ask questions, and provide tips and tricks. We have created one on our Facebook group page. If you’re not yet a member of the Facebook CrossFit Roots Group, follow the Facebook link on the right hand column of our main page to join. Click the Discussion tab to read and post.
IF you need to get in one more indicator WOD, you can come in from 11-12 on Sunday to get in the workout.
RECIPE: Baked Acorn Squash
Miss your mashed potatoes already? Try this!
1 acorn squash
1/4 cup warm water
1-2 Tablespoons coconut milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Pierce acron squash several times with a knife
3. Back acorn squash for 1-1.33 hours (skin should be soft when done)
4. Slice acorn squash in half, let cool for a few minutes, scoop out and discard seeds
5. Spoon out insides insides and put in a Cuisinart or blender with 1/4 cup warm water and 1-2 tablespoons of coconut milk
6. Puree/whip/blend until smooth
IF you are looking to make Zone-balanced portions, blend squash and water, remove from Cuisinart and measure out the number of blocks (1 block = 3/8s of a cup of acorn squash), return to blender and whip with equal amounts of fat blocks in the form of coconut milk.