Reminder! Valentine’s Day workout is TONIGHT at 5pm. Sign-up with your Roots member significant other on MBO.
This is a yearly benchmark workout. Log your results!
Congratulations and Happy Birthday.
It’s with great pride that we want to announce that Trevor passed the CCFT exam yesterday earning the title Certified CrossFit Coach (CF-L3). He’s one of the first people in the world to earn this designation and the fifth Roots coach to do so. If you see Trevor this week be sure to give him a HIGH FIVE!
You can check out the CrossFit Trainer Directory here.
It also turns out to be a pretty nifty birthday present for him too! Happy birthday Trevor!
For more on the CF-L3 credential, read below:
While the certificate courses are open to trainers at all stages of development, CrossFit Certifications are advanced credentials that ensure experienced individuals possess broad knowledge and finely honed abilities in the field of professional training. The certifications provide the public with an assurance of competency and professional accountability by:
- Requiring a significant number of practical coaching hours before application;
- Including examination questions that require analysis and application of knowledge gained from coaching experience;
- Using performance-based examination to evaluate skills and coaching in real time;
- Publishing Standards of Professional Practice to which certified trainers and coaches must adhere;
- Ensuring commitment to a long-term standard of continuing education.
Individuals who have earned Certified CrossFit Trainer or Certified CrossFit Coach credentials will redefine fitness-industry standards through their dedication to results-based programming and training, practical application of knowledge, and comprehensive coaching ability.