OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTING IS CANCELED FOR THURSDAY MORNING (tomorrow).
Four rounds for time of:
Walking lunge 50 meters
Sit-ups, 50 reps
Select here for Clothing Order Information and Order Form
Halloween Workout and Happy Hour
When: 5-7pm, Friday October 30th
Details: This is a social event with a workout intertwined. Come ready to team up and throw down on a team workout. The workout will get going between 5:15 and 5:30, we’ll do two rounds if necessary. Kids workout will take place during the happy hour from 6-7.
What to bring: BYOPA (bring your own Paleo alcohol, or non-Paleo alcohol if you’re not in the Challenge). If you’d prefer to bring a snack or appetizer to share that is great. Paleo Team Challengers – yes, it must be a Paleo alcohol and yes it counts toward your weekly total. We’ll provide some Paleo snacks.
4 tsp olive oil
5 oz ground chicken (or beef or turkey) — add more meat if you’d like — it’s Paleo — do it up!
1 glove garlic — minced
1/2 cup each — diced onion, diced green and/or red bell pepper, sliced carrots (I also threw in some sliced mushrooms and broccoli)
1 cup canned Italian tomatoes (with liquid)
1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp each — thyme leaves, sea salt and pepper
1. In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tsp oil; add chicken and cook over high heat, until chicken is lightly browned. Transfer to plat and set aside.
2. In same skillet heat remaining 2 tsp of oil; add onion, bell pepper, carrots (this is when I also added in the broccoli and mushrooms) and garlic and saute over high heat until tender crisp, about 2-3 minutes
3. Add tomatoes w/ liquid, parsley, thyme, sea salt and pepper and stir to thoroughly combine
4. Cook until mixture comes to a boil
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally until flavors blend and vegetables are tender , about 8 minutes
Leave A Comment