Hello Roots Crew,
Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. Yesterday, the State of Colorado issued a mandatory 30-day closing for all gyms. While we like to disassociate ourselves with those “big box” gyms;), unfortunately, in this instance, we all fall under the same umbrella.
While we understand and wholeheartedly support the need for this mandate, it puts our physical gym and our staff at risk. Please know that our number one commitment is you and your health and fitness. Currently, we are working diligently internally, and with our landlord, bank, and others to plan for the time ahead.
While the physical space that is CrossFit Roots will be vacant for the next month, we want nothing more than to continue to support your health, fitness, and sanity during this time. During the next 30 days, as part of your membership, you will have access to:
- Daily home workouts. in SugarWOD and brought to you via LIVE broadcast. Beginning Monday, March 23rd, our daily workout options will expand to include Bodyweight, Minimal Equipment, and Home Gym options.
- Equipment loan from CrossFit Roots. Need some equipment to keep you going? We’ve got you covered. Details on our equipment loan program, including pick-up times, will be released tomorrow (Wednesday).
- Lazy Macros Nutrition Challenge. Gone are the days where eating out and traveling sent your nutrition efforts into a tailspin. Invest your time and efforts into your long term health and fitness. Jenni and Nicole are here to guide you and will offer daily check-ins online. Register here. It’s free for members.
- Open-air workouts. We will continue to offer open-air, social distancing workouts in the park while we feel we can do so responsibly.
- 30-Minute 1-on-1 Zoom Performance or Nutrition Check-in. Want to fix your squat? Have a nagging shoulder thing that’s bugging you? Looking for some skill work specific to your goals that you can do at home? Need some help with the Lazy Macros Challenge? Meet one of the coaches online for a 1-on-1 (virtually) coached session. We’re here to help. Schedule anytime over the next four weeks. Scheduling link to be sent out tomorrow (Wednesday).
While we know that the current landscape is not the social, fist-bumping, whiteboard-gathering, sweat fest experience that we all know and love, we are confident that we can support this incredible community during this time. Your continued support will help us support our staff, support minimum operations, and help ensure that Roots is around when this is all over.
We do understand that the reality of COVID-19 may have hit you similar to us and our team at Roots. If you have lost your job or are not able to pay your monthly membership in full, but would still like to support this community and continue to support your own fitness, please reach out to Nicole. Conversely, if you are in a position where you can sponsor a member, please reach out.
When this is all said and done, we will be here. We may all be weathered, tired, and frustrated but you will have your fitness and your health and that means the world to us, for you.
We’re not putting up any white flags.
I am reminded of a saying from one of my dear friends Chriss Smith at Trident CrossFit – “hard people do hard things.” You have each done hard things. We have seen you do them and overcome them both on the gym floor and in your personal lives over the past ten years. Things might not be perfect at home for the next 30 days but YOU CAN DO THIS. Now, as always, we will be there for you every step of the way through these uncharted waters.
Now go workout. And eat good food.