Welcome to the 2021 CrossFit Open!
We are very excited to kick things off on Friday.
In this blog post you’ll find a wealth of information. Please take the time to read through it so you’re in the know and so that you don’t unnecessarily screw over your team.
There are three teams. If you have not received an email from your team captain please contact [email protected] ASAP.
Here’s what you can expect each week:
- Learn the workout at 6pm MST each Thursday via the LIVE Announcement from CrossFit (see games.crossfit.com).
- Join us on YouTube LIVE immediately after the workout announcement for the CrossFit Roots Update Show. We’ll break down the workout, answer questions, and announce the weekly challenge. The LIVE YouTube link will be linked in SugarWOD each Thursday.
- Wake up on Friday morning and put on your jersey (your team’s color).
- Attend group class on Friday, do The Open workout. OR do the workout outside of class. You have until 6pm on Monday of each week to do the workout – no exceptions, like none, nil, zilch.
- Continue on a tear through the remainder of the week accumulating group class attendance points.
- Log your week’s points in the Google Survey Form sent out every Monday evening. All point submission sheets are due by TUESDAY AT 6PM. NO EXCEPTIONS!
WORKOUT POINTS SUBMISSION
You will need to perform TWO actions each week to log your score and submit your weekly points earned.
Action 1: Submit your score at games.crossfit.com after completing the workout. This MUST be done by Monday at 6 PM (MST) each week. You must submit your score at games.crossfit.com.
Action 2: Fill out the weekly Intramural Google Survey Form that is sent out Monday evening each week. You will record your weekly Individual Points as well as your workout score.
Just to reiterate – you will need to record your weekly score at games.crossfit.com AND you will need to fill out the weekly Intramural Google Survey Form (sent via email).
- You have from Thursday at 6pm until Monday at 6pm each week to complete the OPEN workout. No exceptions.
- You have from the Tuesday prior to each Open workout until Monday to accumulate your weekly class attendance points for that week. Weekly class attendance points accumulation weeks are:
- Week 1: Tuesday, March 9 – Monday, March 15
- Week 2: Tuesday, March 16 – Monday, March 22
- Week 3: Tuesday, March 23 – Monday, March 29
- You must complete the points submission form between Monday at 6pm and Tuesday at 6pm of each week. No exceptions.
POINTS (Individual, Workout, Team Challenges)
There are three categories of points available to teams each week:
- Individual points
- Scored workout placing points
- Super secret one-off team challenges
Each week, every team member can earn up to 9 points in 3 ways for their team:
1. Class Attendance Points – Earn points for attending 3 or more group classes throughout the week.
- 5 points – you attended 5 group classes OR personal training sessions TUESDAY – MONDAY of the previous week AND logged your score in SugarWOD.* Group class attendance to do The Open workout on Friday counts toward this total!
- 4 points – you attended 3 group classes TUESDAY – MONDAY of the previous week AND logged your score in SugarWOD.*
* Traveling for work? Can’t make it into class? You can still earn 5 points by doing the “At Home” workout of the day on SugarWOD when you can’t come to class. (There are modifications if you do not have equipment). You MUST log your score in SugarWOD to earn the AtHome points.
2. Do the Open Workout in Class – Earn points for doing The Open workout IN a group class on Friday.
NOTE! – Yes, you get double points here! If you attend group class on Friday it counts toward your weekly attendance total AND in this category.
- 2 points – do the workout in a group class on Friday OR at another affiliate in a group class.
- 1 point – do the workout outside of class with a judge, obviously..
3. Wear Your Team’s Color – each team has a team color. Wear a shirt that sports your team’s color when you do The Open workout and earn 2 points.
- 2 points – Wear your team’s color to workout in while you do the Open workout.
SCORED WORKOUT PLACING POINTS
- The Top 5 Men and Women’s scores for Rx and Scaled will earn points for their team.
- Additionally, each week of The Open, there will be additional team scoring options such as highest team average Rx/Scaled and highest scorers in various age divisions.
ONE-OFF TEAM COMPETITIONS
- We will announce additional opportunities for teams to earn points.
- These challenges will be announced on Thursday evening and teams will have until Monday at 6pm to complete the challenge.
Your team captains are:
- Eric Neeb (orange)
- Dede Hofer (gray)
- Jessica Snapp (blue)
Your league commissioner is none other than the one and only Josh Haimes.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your team captain.
May the odds be ever in your favor,
The CrossFit Open Gods