This is part of your yearly benchmark series. Log your score!
2. Where were you born/raised? I grew up in High Point, NC – the self-proclaimed Furniture Capital of the World.
3. Married, kids, family? Wife Katie, toddler Avery, and dog Abby.
4. What do your days consist of? I design sound reinforcement systems for concert halls and other performing arts venues. So lots of sitting at a desk, or on an airplane – the fun days are the ones on construction sites, playing with audio equipment.
5. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit? I like that all I have to do is show up and someone has already figured out what I’m doing, and how I’m doing it. And that I can work out next to amazing athletes without feeling out of place. And that coaches can tell when I’m phoning one in and lovingly tell me to suck it up.
6. What is your least favorite thing about CrossFit? The consistently varied soreness. And calling gyms Boxes. That’s dumb.
7. Favorite WOD or movement? Chelsea is one of my favorites. Also, anything with wall balls – I don’t understand it either…
8. Lease favorite WOD or movement? Handstand anything gives me the heebie jeebies. I’m pretty sure I’m going to break my neck one day.
9. Do you have any goals in CrossFit? Right now, it’s just to finish every workout and scale a bit less every time.
10. When you’re not CrossFitting, what activities keep you busy? Any excuse to spend time outside. Hiking, Biking, Fishing, Snow Shoeing. I also like brewing beer and planning trips that I don’t have the time or money to take.
11. How do you make CrossFit a part of your weekly schedule? I work from home, so I have a good bit of flexibility. I’ll usually book 11:30 or 12:30 at the last minute depending on the day – or show up early if I know I can’t get it in around lunch. I’m kind of all over the map, but I shoot for 4 times/week and sometimes get in 5 if the WOD on a rest day looks fun.
12. Any favorite stories about a CrossFit experience? Funny, comical, happy cool? When I started back 8 months ago, I couldn’t run due to a foot injury. I’ve been slowly adding it back over the past few months and ran two miles one day last week just for funsies. I don’t know who I’m turning into, but I kind of like it!