From the 2015 CrossFit Regionals:
75 power snatches (55/75)
Top times at the South Regional:
Men – 2:35.5
Women – 2:35.3
The Annual Memorial Day Weekend Murph!
Join us this Sunday, May 24th at 9am to honor our country’s fallen soldiers and do the hero workout Murph. This is an annual event that many many Roots athletes come out for each year. Read below for details on the workout, scaling options, the history behind CrossFit.com’s heroes workouts, and the potluck to follow the event.
1 mile Run
1 mile Run
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor”. From here on it will be referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is. Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
As always, we will have scaling options. Eric and Nicole will be there on Sunday to help guide you if you’re not sure which option is for you, but here they are in advance.
1. RX – as written and with a 20 pound vest (we have 7, first come, first serve). The 20 pound vest is for male AND female for RX, there is no “women’s weight.” The vest mimics the weight of body armor and you can’t scale body armor, bad things happen.
2. BODY WEIGHT – as written but without a weight vest
3. BODY WEIGHT plus bands/knees – as written, without a weight vest, and using bands for pull-ups or doing push-ups on knees
4. HALF MURPH – full or half run distance but with 1/2 pull-ups, push-ups, and squats (50/100/150)
5. TEAM MURPH – in a team of 2, partners run alternating 400s and split the pull-ups/push-ups/squats. One partner can work at a time.
THE HERO WORKOUTS
Fallen but Never Forgotten – the CrossFit Hero workouts explained.
Please stick around after the workout to rest, recover, and join in on a potluck breakfast. If you plan to stay for breakfast, please bring an item to share.
Questions? Post to comments.