225 pound Hang clean, 30 reps
50 One-legged squats, alternating
Row 2000 meters
Complete top to bottom or bottom to top.
5K Opportunity! Read Up.
We’ve got some exciting news. We have arranged for Roots to have 50 spots, free to Roots athletes, to the Skirt Skurry 5K on Saturday, November 10th! To register for a spot you must sign-up on MBO for the Saturday group class.
Here are the details:
Date: Saturday, November 10th,
When: 9:30am start time, check in starts at 8:00am
Location: South Campus, University of Colorado at Boulder
In preparation, Saturday group classes are headed to Centennial Middle School track on Saturday, November 3rd. We’ll use the accuracy of the track to help folks prep and plan for the 5K event or simply get in a solid measured run workout.
We make the claim that CrossFit prepares you to perform well at any task thrown your way. Have you been training for a 5K? Probably not. Can you run one? You betcha!
Here are the top 6 reasons you should run this 5K:
– Running a 5K in an organized event environment is WAY better than the shop programming a 5K on a Monday and doing an out and back course on the bike path.
– Tons of the Roots crew will be there. If you’re nervous, you’re among friends.
– We’re going to test the 5K again in May 2013. You can see if you get fitter in the next 6 months!
– Establish another benchmark to write down and keep track of
– It’s a Bolder Boulder qualifier!
– If you tap out half way through, there will be plenty of Roots members there who are strong enough to carry you back to the finish line (we’re kidding, we know that won’t happen)